Are you planning to replace your existing commercial flooring? Choosing the right commercial flooring solution requires both a sense of style and a bit of strategy. After all, not all commercial spaces are the same, and some may require more than one type of flooring.
With so many options, choosing the ideal floor to withstand high foot traffic, unexpected impacts, and spills is not easy. Fortunately, The Reno Superstore offers high-quality commercial flooring solutions based on your needs.
That’s why we have created this guide to help you figure out the best commercial flooring solutions.
Let’s get started.
Best Commercial Flooring Solutions to Suit Your Business Needs
We always recommend taking into account your personal preferences and needs as a guide when selecting flooring for your home. The same applies to commercial flooring. Here are our best flooring solutions for commercial spaces.
1. Flooring for Aesthetic Needs
Selecting a durable floor does not necessarily mean saying goodbye to style. Commercial spaces often require a mix of both, especially in areas frequented by customers or clients. When you require durable flooring that also needs to be eye-catching, consider the following flooring options:
- Stone Tiles: These are meant to create the best first impressions. Stone tiles are as durable as they are aesthetically pleasing. They are well suited to high-trafficareas like offices, hotel lobbies, reception areas, boardrooms, and showrooms.
You can choose between marble, granite, and other stone tiles. They are heat and water-resistant and suitable for many spaces. On the downside, they can be expensive.
- Porcelain Tiles:These are versatile, stylish and suit almost any space effortlessly. Plus they are available in a wide variety of styles, textures, and colours. Porcelain tiles come in many finishes and are resistant to wear and tear, so are ideal for busy areas.
They can be installed on floors as well as on walls, but these tiles differ. For a more informed purchase, make sure to ask about the PEI rating of porcelain tiles. This rating helps to determine the strength of porcelain tiles and areas where they can be installed based on their strength.
For high-traffic commercial areas, PEI class 4 and 5 of porcelain tiles are most suitable.
- Terrazzo Tiles:If you require logos or any kind of custom embossing on your floors, then terrazzo is definitely one of the best options. Its polished appearance can make a great first impression, and these tiles are ideal for lobby flooring decorated with your company logo.
- Vinyl Flooring: Durable, low-maintenance, budget-friendly and stylish, vinyl flooring is popular for good reason. It is also completely waterproof,so can be installed effortlessly almost anywhere. This includes office foyers, hotel lobbies, basements, and schools.
If you need beautiful flooring on a budget, then vinyl flooring is definitely something you should consider.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring: More stable than traditional hardwood, engineered hardwood flooring, offers you the best of both worlds in terms of looks and temperature resistance. It is durable, less expensive than natural hardwood, and absorbs sound.
Since the veneer is made of natural hardwood, it looks just like hardwood, minus the price. We recommend fully understanding how to pick engineered flooring for your project before you buy.
2. Flooring for Distraction-Free Work
Noise in the workplace can send productivity plummeting. Do your workers require a quiet environment? Then, choose flooring that is both durable and brings down the noise level. Here is a list of flooring options to create a quiet commercial space.
- Carpet: Carpetsoffer a comfortable and warm environment. They are affordable and can be installed in break rooms, waiting areas, and open-office spaces that require good sound absorption. Plus, they can be easily and affordably replaced when damaged.
- Hardwood:Traditional hardwood flooring offers excellent sound absorption. In fact, hardwood floors are a staple of basketball courts and music studios. They can also be installed in conference rooms, lobbies, hotel rooms, and music and dance studios among other places.
- Luxury Vinyl:Stylish, cost-effective and durable, luxury vinyl flooring also offers good sound insulation. While it is versatile for most office applications, it can also be installed in hospital common areas like restaurants and daycare centers.
- Rubber Flooring:This flooring offers exceptional sound absorption to keep down noise levels. It is also very durable, waterproof, and soft to walk on. Rubber flooring is slip-resistant and easy to clean and maintain. It can be used in gyms, sports centers and medical facilities.
Please note, if you are unsure which flooring material would be the best for your commercial space, the experts at The Reno Superstore can help. Always make sure to read and understand everything regarding the flooring of your choice before installing it.
3. Flooring For High-Moisture Areas
Commercial spaces are diverse, and so are their flooring needs. For instance, a commercial building may require different flooring types to address its varied needs. While spills are most common in offices, some areas require better protection against moisture or moisture-related issues. This includes mopping up at the end of the day.
Some of the most durable flooring materials for moisture-prone areas include:
- Stone Plastic Composite:Also known as SPC, this type of vinyl flooring offers 100% protection against water. It is extremely durable, offers excellent sound absorption, and is ideal for high-traffic areas of medical offices, commercial kitchens, hotels, and bathrooms.
- Quarry Tiles:Highly durable and resilient, this flooring can stand up to moisture-prone areas as well as spills and grease. It is also low-maintenance but comes in limited options.
- Porcelain Tiles:These tiles are water-resistant and available in many textures and styles. They are also easy to clean and maintain but are one of the costlier options.
- Vinyl Sheeting:One hundred percent waterproof vinyl sheet flooring is a resilient choice for busy commercial spaces prone to moisture. They are especially useful in high-moisture basements and utility rooms.
4. Flooring On a Budget
How much you can spend is an important consideration. If you require an upscale look but are also on a budget, have a look at these options.
- Laminate Flooring: Have you always wanted genuine hardwood floors for your café or boutique, butneed something on a budget? Laminate floors offer a realistic-looking wooden or stone floor that is hard to distinguish from the real thing. It is durable commercial flooring that is comfortable underfoot. Make sure to purchase the appropriate thickness of plank for the best results.
- Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT): Easy to maintain and extremely durable, vinyl stone composite tiles have a wide variety of applications. The best thing about them is that they are low maintenance and very affordable, so it won’t be hard to find a product to match your budget. They are often installed in the likes of schools and medical buildings.
- Concrete:This staple of industrial flooring has been used for decades. Concrete floors are durable, affordable, and flexible in terms of design options. These floors can be stained to imitate any natural stone, including marble. One of the greatest benefits of this flooring is that it is low maintenance, easily repairable, and suits both indoor and outdoor spaces.
5. Flooring For Heavy-Duty Applications
Some commercial flooring needs to be resilient enough to stand up to heavy machinery and industrial applications in warehouses and the like. Function and practicality trump aesthetics in such spaces. The key features people tend to look for are ease of maintenance, longevity, and durability. These are your best options:
- Concrete Flooring:This is durable, cost-effective, and ideal for heavy and harsh industrial applications. It is a common flooring material for warehouses, manufacturing units and other industrial uses. It also withstands harsh chemical spills and tends to require little to no maintenance. When damaged, it can be easily repaired.
- Epoxy Floor Coating:These hard-wearing and easy-to-maintain floors offer high resistance to chemicals and are non-slip by nature. Also, they can be customized as per your design needs. However, if not installed well, these floors will chip. Epoxy floors are ideal for laboratories, manufacturing facilities, hospitals and medical facilities.
Investing in commercial flooring is a great way to improve the value of your commercial property. It is best to consider your needs and have a realistic budget in mind for your project. This will help narrow your choices and choose the best flooring for your space. Commercial floors need to be installed by professionals for the best results; otherwise, it may lead to damage and other flooring issues. To get started on your project, visit The Reno Superstore in Toronto and Mississauga. In addition to flooring, we also offer installation services at competitive prices. Get in touch with us to discuss your project.