Starting a bathroom remodel is a brave venture that can cost you sleepless nights and a few grey hairs but is absolutely worth it. But, as it is quite an investment of time and money, it’s best if it’s done right the first time.
At the Reno Superstore, we sell everything you need for a perfect bathroom redo, from porcelain tiles and bathroom vanities to faucets. But, as we want you to be smart with your spending, we have created this guide.
Let’s get started.
Your Guide to Bathroom Remodelling
It is most important to have clear ideas about your lifestyle and a realistic budget. Happiness is the end goal, with 70% of consumers having a greater desire to be home. So make the changes worth it.
Ask the Right Questions Before You Start
Before you start falling in love with a bathroom you saw on Instagram, it’s best to ask the hard questions. You may not even realize it, but these questions will help you design a bathroom suited to your needs.
- What is your daily routine? This will help you figure out your bathroom’s design. If there are more than two people sharing the space, you may want to invest in double sinks and mirrors.
- What is your budget? It is strongly advised that you determine a budget early on as you risk overspending if you wait.
- What are your issues with your current bathroom? This will help you eliminate the things you don’t want or need; resulting in a design that you appreciate and love.
- How much storage do you require? Adding a bathroom vanity is a great way to maximize storage, but they come in different shapes and sizes. Take time to choose the right one.
Selecting the right materials for your project is key to any successful renovation, and your bathroom experiences both high traffic and its fair share of moisture. That’s why it’s very important to pay attention to what you install. Here are some top suggestions:
- Porcelain tiles: Extremely durable, waterproof, and stylish, these are one of the best flooring and wall choices. There are so many designs and styles that narrowing them is difficult. Porcelain tiles also come in a wide range of prices.
While versatile and offering unique benefits, porcelain tiles must also be protected against common threats, so make an informed purchase.
- Natural Stone: Natural stones like granite and marble are great choices for your bathroom thanks to their style, durability and water resistance. They are a great choice for your bathroom, provided that you have the budget.
- Vinyl Flooring: Vinyl flooring is completely waterproof and a stylish choice for bathrooms. One of the biggest benefits of vinyl is that it is very budget-friendly. While vinyl is comfortable, durable, and ideal for moisture-prone environments, it cannot be properly installed on walls, unlike porcelain tiles.
Like always, we recommend that you fully understand everything related to the material you are planning to install for the best results.
Plan Your Storage
Bathrooms should be built for functionality, and having sufficient storage for all your toiletries should be planned way ahead of time. Here are some of the best ways to maximize your storage space.
1. Shower Space: You need storage in your shower area. That’s why a built-in shower niche is a great idea for storing shampoo bottles and other knick-knacks. If you have a larger bathroom, get a vanity column, it packs good storage and looks stylish.
2. Bathroom Vanity: This is easily one of the best ways to makeover your bathroom. Not only is it functional, but it also comes in a range of styles, sizes, and prices. So you are bound to find something even for the smallest bathroom.
3. Wall Space: Never miss out on an opportunity to stylishly maximize your storage with floating shelves, mirror cabinet sand towel racks.
Add Something Extra
- Get lights: Proper lights can be a game changer for your bathroom remodelling. Show off your porcelain tile floor and highlight your bathroom’s design with the right lights.
- Smart shower: Intelligently designed shower sets can ensure a relaxed, comfortable bath.
- Non-slip flooring: Wet floors increase the chances of accidents. Opt for matte porcelain tiles or small tiles with plenty of grout lines for added traction.
- Heated Floors: This is definitely a luxury, but well worth it. Not only is it the fastest way to warm up, but water dries fast, reducing the chances of slips or falls.
Get the Right Help
Getting the right help for your project is extremely important for the desired results. Any bathroom remodel is complicated, which is why it is best to hire professionals to deal with it. The Reno Superstore offers affordable, top-notch installation services in and around Mississauga and Toronto. Get in touch with us to discuss your project.
A bathroom remodel can be a rewarding process for you and your family. With the right planning and professionals, you can make your vision a reality. There are so many aspects to a successful bathroom renovation that it may seem overwhelming, but it is absolutely worth it. Try tackling one thing at a time and consulting experts to get the best results.