Every homeowner’s dream is to have a functional bathroom that makes life easier. That includes a stylish and useful bathroom sink cabinet.
They are available in a range of styles, materials, and sizes, and you should select yours based on the room’s design and storage requirements.
At The Reno Superstore, we always ask our clients to consider their lifestyle and budget when choosing anything for their homes. This applies to your bathroom sink cabinet as well.
Of course, each style has its benefits and drawbacks. Here we examine the different types of bathroom cabinets. Please make note of which makes the most sense for you.
Pros & Cons of Different Bathroom Sink Cabinets
Part of managing your bathroom remodel like a pro is knowing what kind of bathroom sink cabinets are available.
1. Wall-Mounted Vanities
Wall-mounted vanities, also known as floating vanities, don’t touch the floor because they are mounted directly to the wall. They can be made of different materials such as wood, plywood, and laminate. If you are planning to install this style, make sure you have the right type of plumbing.
Here is a look at their pros and cons:
- They are directly attached to the wall and don’t touch the floor, which is great for increased accessibility and mobility.
- They are excellent for smaller bathrooms as they give the impression of more space
- They are great for cleaning and maintenance.
- They do not provide as much storage space as other types of vanities.
2. Freestanding Vanities
Freestanding vanities are common because they offer a lot of storage space and come in a variety of sizes and styles. Furthermore, if necessary, they are simple to install and move. But compared to other kinds, they will take up more floor space.
These can offer plenty of storage space when needed and include built-in sinks and plumbing. This is a great idea for bathrooms, especially because they come in a variety of price ranges.
Here is a quick look at their pros and cons
- They have lots of storage space.
- They are available in a wide selection of colours and materials.
- They have compact construction.
- They may not be suitable for smaller bathrooms.
3. Double Sink Vanities
Are you always running out of space for your countertop bathroom products? Double sink vanities are perfect then, provided that you have plenty of space. Vanities with two sinks are called double sink vanities, and they have a storage area in the middle.
They’re a fantastic option for larger bathrooms or bathrooms used by several people. Additionally, they offer plenty of counter space for prepping in the morning. They will likely also occupy more floor space.
Here is a look at the benefits and drawbacks of double sink bathroom vanities.
- They offer plenty of storage space.
- They have a lot of countertop space which can be used by multiple people.
- They are expensive.
- They work well in larger bathrooms.
4. Corner Vanities
Not sure if you have sufficient space? Are you concerned that nothing will fit in that strange bathroom corner? You could try a corner vanity, as it is a great space-saving option and is made to fit into a bathroom corner.
They are available in both freestanding and floating designs and can offer a lot of storage space. They may not, however, provide as much counter space as other varieties.
Here’s what to expect:
- They are an excellent space saver.
- They are a good idea for tight spaces.
- Depending on the product you choose, it can be customized as needed.
- It requires professional installation.
- It does not offer a lot of storage space.
It is always a good idea to consider professional installation services when you don’t have the experience or tools to do it yourself.
5. Vessel Sink Vanities
Want a trendy and fashionable vanity? Check out the vessel sink vanity.
Rather than being mounted underneath the vanity, a sink on a vessel sink vanity sits on top of it. They give your bathroom a contemporary, stylish look, and are available in a range of sizes and shapes.
Here’s what to expect
- You get fashionable and stylish choices.
- They are available in a wide range of colours and styles.
- They are more challenging to clean than conventional sink designs.
6. Pedestal Vanities
This type of pedestal is a common choice for more traditional homes. Instead of having a sink attached to a cabinet, pedestal vanities have a sink that rests on top of a pedestal. They’re a fantastic option for bathrooms that have a vintage aesthetic or are small. They may not offer enough storage space for some people, though.
If you don’t have much space and can compromise on a wall-mounted cabinet instead of counter space, this is a great alternative.
Here’s a look at their pros and cons.
- They are great for small bathrooms.
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- There is no storage or counter space.
- Some materials can be expensive.
7. Open Shelf Vanities
Open-shelf vanities are perfect for modern bathrooms. Towels and other bathroom necessities can be easily accessed thanks to this vanity’s use of shelves rather than cabinets.
Excellent for small spaces, they can give the bathroom a contemporary, streamlined appearance. They provide more storage space than pedestal sinks.
Here’s what to expect:
- It is easy to access linens and towels.
- They are available in single and double sink options.
- Everything you keep is out in the open, so medicines or other knick-knacks can fall out.
- They can be expensive
When making a purchase, it is a good idea to take your lifestyle and financial situation into account. The Reno Superstore offers financing that makes it simple for you to purchase goods.
8. Dresser Vanities
If you want something unique for your bathroom, then this type of bathroom sink cabinet is a great idea. Dresser vanities give your bathroom a glamorous and stylish appearance which is created by using repurposed dressers or cabinets. They offer a lot of storage space and are available in many sizes and styles. However, they require more upkeep than conventional vanities.
Here are their pros and cons.
- They have a ton of storage.
- They are more suitable for medium to large bathrooms.
- They are best installed in powder rooms or half bathrooms to avoid exposure to moisture.
- They are difficult to maintain.
- They can be expensive.
9. Cabinet Vanities
Need a lot of storage space? Then consider a cabinet vanity that has cabinets and drawers as well as sufficient space for a family. Bathroom cabinets can come in a variety of styles and designs, so you have plenty of options. Plus, they are available at a wide range of prices.
Here is what to expect.
- They come in a variety of styles, designs, and prices.
- They offer plenty of storage.
- They are not suitable for smaller bathrooms.
- They tend to be heavy and difficult to move.
When shopping for your bathroom, it’s good to consider your lifestyle and budget. That way, you can pick the best option for your space. At The Reno Superstore, we offer a wide range of bathroom sink cabinets and vanities. They are available in different styles, colours, and prices, so there is something for everyone. Get in touch with us if you have any questions.