The best and worst aspect of tile shopping is that there are so many options. While choice is good, it can be overwhelming for someone who is tile shopping for the first time. You also need to choose the right tiles to avoid making costly mistakes.
There are a few things to consider before shopping for porcelain tiles. The Reno Superstore’s goal is to make shopping easier for you every time. Therefore, there are a few things you should always remember when you visit a Toronto tile or home improvement store.
Let’s get started.
Remember This Info When Visiting Our Tile Shop in Toronto
Employees at all the best tile stores in Toronto will tell you that planning helps you shop more effectively. So, here are seven tips that can help you get the most out of your next tile shopping trip.
1. Measure Your Space
It is all too common for shoppers with a tile project to visit their nearest home improvement store in Toronto unprepared. They may not know how many tiles they need or even the dimensions of their space.
But the best tile stores in Toronto, including The Reno Superstore, will tell you to always have the proper dimensions of the space you intend to tile. This will help you narrow down your tile options to appropriate sizes for the space.
2. Always Keep Safety in Mind
Not all tiles have the same type of finish. Some can have a super high gloss, while others may be textured. Always consider the area in which you plan to install the tiles. It is best to choose something anti-slippery for areas subjected to a lot of water, such as bathrooms.
Tiles, like any other flooring, can become slippery when wet. As a result, it is always prudent to think about safety measures. If you are new to tile shopping and unsure what to select, ask these questions at the tile store.
3. Ask For Samples
Whenever you visit a tile or home improvement store in Toronto, one of the most common aspects you need to consider is the store’s lights. These can make the tiles you see in the store look completely different in your space. Your home has different light and differently-coloured walls. The best way to eliminate these factors is to ask for samples you can take home. This is a cost-effective way to determine which tiles work in your space.
4. Carry Inspiration Pictures
Employees at the best tile stores in Toronto should ask what kind of tiles you have in mind. As a homeowner, you should bring pictures from magazines or the internet to help the store experts understand the type of look you want.
When selecting your tiles, consider their textures, shapes, and colours. Communicating to the staff about what you want will make it easier to choose wisely.
5. Carry Room Photos
As mentioned, showroom lights can give you a very different idea of what your tiles actually look like. This is something many homeowners do not even consider when tile shopping.
The colour of your surrounding wall plays a significant role in how the final look will be. If you have any paint swatches lying around, take them to the store. If you don’t, take pictures of the space in which you intend to install the tiles and take them to the store. This will save you time and narrow down your choices.
If you are renovating or constructing a new space, you could also carry the blueprint to give an idea of windows and other aspects of the room; this will help the experts suggest tile shapes and sizes. Also, it will allow the tile stores to provide you with an estimate of the tiles required for the project.
6. Choose Carefully
Visit as many home improvement stores or tile shops in Toronto as possible before making your final decision. This part is important because many stores claim to be the best in Toronto but don’t have a wide selection, or they offer high-quality products or services.
During the selection process, ensure you understand the common issues of installing tiles and its benefits. That way, you will be able to make a more informed purchase. Take your time and visit nearby tile shops/home improvement stores with a good reputation. Check out their collection, the staff’s professionalism, and the prices they offer. Only then should you make your choice.
7. Bring a Friend
Having a second set of eyes can be beneficial when looking for tiles. That is why enlisting a trusted friend or designer can provide input and suggestions you may not have considered otherwise.
Also, if you are unable to decide which tile to use for your project, relying on the advice of someone you trust can make the process much more enjoyable.
Money-Saving Tips to Follow When Visiting Our Tile Store in Toronto
Here are some tips for saving money when shopping at a tile or home improvement store in Toronto.
- Plan and Measure: As mentioned, before going to the tile store, carefully measure the area where you intend to install the tiles. This allows you to buy the right amount without going overboard, reducing waste and cost. Furthermore, having a clear plan for your tile project can help you avoid making impulse purchases.
- Compare Prices: Do not settle for the first tile store you come across. Compare costs at various stores for identical or comparable tiles. There may be significant price differences, so it is a good idea to look into your options and decide which is the best value.
- Look for Discounts and Sales: Take advantage of discounts, special offers, or clearance events when visiting tile stores. Many retailers discount outdated stock at specific times of the year to get rid of it. Taking advantage of these opportunities can produce significant savings.
- Take a Look at Overstock or Discontinued Tiles: Certain tile stores offer overstock or discontinued tiles at reduced prices. Even though they might not be the newest style, these tiles can be a reasonably priced choice for a project with a tight budget. Before committing to a purchase, verify the quantity and quality of the tiles you are looking at.
- Combine Premium and Budget Tiles: If you have a specific design in mind, consider tiling most of your space with less expensive tiles and saving the more expensive ones for accent pieces. Doing this lets you achieve the look you want without overspending on premium tiles.
- Request Discounts: If you are working on a larger project, inquire about bulk or contractor discounts. When customers purchase in larger quantities, tile stores may give them a discount. If you are employing a contractor, it is possible that they have relationships with particular vendors who can offer you further savings.
Considering all these aspects will help you buy the right tiles for your project, whether you are looking for wall, floor or backsplash tiles. Always remember that quality is just as important as price when choosing tiles. So, while keeping to your budget, make sure the tiles you select satisfy your needs for durability and style. Visiting the best tile store in Toronto isn’t necessarily a help if you have no idea what you want or need. Need help? Get in touch with The Reno Superstore team.