It can be difficult choosing a new flooring material. When you finally decide on one after perusing so many products from various manufacturers, you have still only just begun. Finding out more about the product you are interested in is a critical step that should not be overlooked.
At The Reno Superstore, we have a large selection of vinyl flooring from Canada’s top manufacturers at great prices. However, each product is unique to the manufacturer. So, if you like NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring, that’s a great place to start.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about it.
Important Things to Know About NAF Aqua Plus Vinyl Flooring
When installing new flooring, whether for your home or business, the more you know about the product, the better. So, here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring.
1. What type of vinyl flooring is the NAF Aqua Plus collection?
Vinyl is a popular and budget-friendly flooring product. Of course, there are different types on the market, which is why we suggest understanding everything about vinyl flooring before making your choice.
Sheet vinyl, plank vinyl, and luxury vinyl tile (LVT) are a few of the best types. NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring is a luxury vinyl product. It is completely waterproof, and its rigid core offers improved durability. The NAF Aqua Plus collection has an HD PVC decor film that allows it to faithfully mimic traditional hardwood flooring. So you get to enjoy beautiful ‘hardwood’ floors without the high price tag.
2. What are the special features of the NAF Aqua Plus collection?
As mentioned, each manufacturer offers unique technology to set their product apart from their competitors. The NAF Aqua Plus collection is manufactured by Floors @ Work, a Canadian flooring company that has been around for over two decades. Here are some of the features of their NAF Aqua Plus Collection.
- UV-Coated Layer: NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring comes with an extra coat of UV protection to help minimize the effects of fading from exposure to sunlight.
- Wear Layer: The wear layer lies beneath the UV coating. It provides durability, resistance against stains and scratches, and texture.
- Decorative Layer: This layer is what gives NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring its realistic hardwood looks. It employs high-definition PVC decor film that mimics your favourite wooden surface.
- SPC/Rigid Core Board: SPC stands for stone plastic composite. It is the core layer of NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring. It is extremely durable and waterproof by nature, making this flooring ideal for high-traffic areas of your home or office. The rigid core is also a very stable material as it is not affected by changes in temperature or humidity.
- IXPE Underlay: These planks are specially designed with IXPE underlay. This closed-cell foam layer is 100% waterproof, making it impervious to water damage and preventing the growth of mould and mildew. This underlay also offers excellent sound insulation.
- HUSSSH Underlayment: It also has a layer of HUSSSH premium acoustical underlayment that helps to eliminate further noise. So you can always come back to a peaceful and quiet environment.
These attributes make the NAF Aqua Plus vinyl collection from Floors @ Work a long-lasting solution for homes and businesses.
3. What type of installation is suitable for this product?
The Reno Superstore always suggests getting your floors installed professionally for the best results. But if you are a seasoned DIY advocate, you can use the glue-down or floating method.
Please keep in mind that installation is not simple and requires a lot of expertise. Make sure to start your preparation well before the actual installation to ensure you can get it done properly within a set timeframe. This means, ordering your flooring, preparing the subfloor, and ensuring you have all the right tools. Don’t forget to order matching trim and moulding to give your room a nice finished look. Keep in mind that improper or subpar installation will lead to flooring issues that will cost you additional time and money to fix.
4. Where can we install NAF Aqua Plus?
Asking the right questions can really help you buy the best material based on your needs and budget. We mention this because most customers don’t take into account the location of the installed flooring when buying a new flooring product. This is a colossal mistake that can cost you a lot of money that could have been spent elsewhere.
It is important to understand if the product can be installed on, above, and below grade. NAF Aqua Plus collections can, which means you can install them in your basement too. They are ideal for high-traffic areas of your home and business, as well as moisture-prone areas.
5. Does NAF Aqua Plus emit harmful VOCs?
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can be quite dangerous, with exposure causing serious health issues like throat and eye irritation.
However, NAF Aqua Plus vinyl flooring is safe, making it ideal for indoor applications at home or in businesses. Floor @ Work manufactures this flooring only after a rigorous and thorough testing procedure as per SCS Global industry standards. They are also certified by FloorScore.
6. Are these NAF Aqua Plus vinyl floors friendly for office chairs and wheelchairs?
Wheelchairs and office chairs require a smooth, flat surface. While most newly-installed floors should be smooth, flat, and solid, certain flooring types may not be able to handle the daily wear and tear from these wheels.
NAF Aqua Plus flooring is quite durable, and their unique installation method plays an important role in this. If the flooring is installed via the click or interlocking method, there have been instances where interlocked flooring breaks apart from the daily rolling. Since NAF Aqua Plus flooring is installed via glue-down or floating methods, they are better equipped to handle daily movement. The adhesive method is best suited for heavy traffic areas, as it will tend to adhere better to the subfloor.
7. Does it need to be acclimated?
The acclimation process is an important first step that should not be skipped. It involves allowing the flooring material to adjust to the temperature and humidity conditions of the room where it will be installed.
Hardwood acclimation is better known, but, yes, vinyl flooring requires it too.
Even though vinyl flooring does not undergo any noticeable changes, it is best to acclimate it as it helps with the installation process. Usually, the wait time is between 24 and 48 hours, but this may vary as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure to read them carefully.
8. Can NAF Aqua Plus be used in both residential and commercial spaces?
NAF Aqua Plus products are built to last and come in several collections. Depending on the collection, the thickness of the product ranges from 5 mm to 9 mm. This luxury vinyl plank is sturdy and can be easily installed in both residential and commercial spaces.
The needs of residential and business spaces are very different so it is important to understand them. There are also differences in commercial environments, which can range from offices to shops. Make sure to understand the needs of the space in order to choose the appropriate NAF Aqua Plus product.
NAF Aqua Plus luxury vinyl flooring is an excellent option that offers many benefits to both homes and offices. It is essential to review your budget, lifestyle, and project needs when making your choice. We recommend getting your floors professionally (and affordably) installed via The Reno Superstore for the best results. Get in touch with us and get started on your project today!